Top Items to Return to Storage in the Spring and Summer
If you live anywhere with distinct seasons, then you know what it’s like to have off-season items taking up space in your home. If you have the extra room, perhaps in your garage, that’s great. If you don’t, you should know what to swap in and out of self storage, depending on the season. With winter’s end approaching, the beginning of spring is a great time to put away your fall and winter items. However, don’t just throw the first items you think of in your car or truck and head to your self-storage unit. First, make a list. When you do this, you may be surprised at just how many winter items you actually have. Common winter items include:
- Winter clothes, including heavy coats, thick shirts, snow-worthy boots, and thermal underwear.
- Humidifiers, for when the snow sucks the moisture out of the air.
- Holiday items, including Christmas ornaments and decorations for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Valentine’s Day.
- Winter sports items, like skis, snowboards, and sleds.
- Summer clothes, like tee-shirts, shorts, and swimwear.
- Dehumidifiers for humid locations.
- Easter decorations.
- Summer sports items, like surfboards, basketballs, baseballs and bats, and the like.