5 Signs You Need Climate-Controlled Storage
Not all storage units are created equal. The nature of your content should determine the type of storage unit you decide to rent if you want to ensure that your items are maintained properly. In addition to picking a storage facility that offers security features, you may want to protect your belongings with a climate-controlled unit. Not all items need climate-controlled features but there are more than you may realize at first. To determine if you need a climate-controlled unit, take a look at these 5 factors: 1. You live an area where the temperature can dip below freezing (32 degrees) or climb above 90 degrees. Unless you live in a very temperate climate without freezing or soaring temperatures, you may want to consider a climate-controlled storage unit if you are going to be storing any of the following temperature-sensitive items. These items face damage when kept in a non-climate-controlled unit for too long.
- Personal items like favorite books, family heirlooms, and important documents
- Valuable collectible items like antiques, art, and wine
- Electronic equipment like computers, cameras, and sound systems
- Media like tapes, CDs, DVDs, photos, and negatives
- Anything else made with sensitive materials, including leather