Last Updated: January 21,2021
At Tenant we want to maintain your trust, and so we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose your information. Our customers are people – not just data! Now a word from the attorneys.
In general, we may receive and store any information you enter on our websites or give us in any other way. Such information Tenant collects is categorized as Non-Personal Information and Personal Information.
Non-Personal Information is information that does not personally identify you or your household. Non-Personal information may be derived from personal information by removing individual identities in a way that it cannot be reasonably linked to an individual. Non-Personal Information may also be aggregated or anonymized information. Tenant may use and/or disclose such non-personal information for a variety of purposes including analyzing trends and improving our services.
Personal Information is information that does personally identify you as an individual or your household. Examples include your name, address, telephone number, billing information, driver’s license number, or email address. Non-Personal Information (such as information about your activity with our services or websites, or demographic information) is characterized as Personal Information if linked to Personal Information that identifies you.
What We May Collect
Now or in the future, we may collect the following Personal Information:
- Profile/Account Information you provide, such as: name, address, telephone number, email address etc. Some of this information may be required while other information is optional.
- Information you provide when posting a review or comment, sending a message to or communicating with Tenant (through any means).
- Information related to your use of our websites and internet activity, such as: your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type, the device used (computer, mobile device etc.), the device identifier if applicable, the web address visited prior to accessing our website, and your activity on our websites (pages visited, time spent on each page, use of site features).
- Information related to your interaction with Tenant emails, such as: whether you open or click on an email and whether you forwarded the email.
- Information provided from third parties (social media services, commercially available sources, or business affiliates and partners etc.) such as your name, contact information, transaction and purchase/rental information, use of certain applications or your relationship with various products and service providers. For example, if you access or connect to Tenant products or services through a social media platform, we may collect your user name, any information or content the social media platform provides (profile picture, email address or contact lists, information you made public through the platform etc.)
How We Collect It
Information collected by Tenant may be directly provided by you, or collected passively through technologies like cookies, web beacons, pixels and clear GIFs. If enabled in your browser, cookies may be may sent by a website you visit and downloaded to your device. It then sends information back to the website. Cookies are required for website use (such as secure login), functionality (remembering login details), and also provide us with analytics to understand and improve our services.
Cookies may deliver content and/or a user experience tailored to your preferences, or facilitate website function. If you set your browser to not accept cookies your use of our websites may be impaired.
Web beacons, pixels, and clear GIFs are transparent image files that if allowed, provide Tenant with some of your information, such as: website usage information and interaction with emails. Such technologies may be used in conjunction with cookies.
Why We Collect It
Information collection assists Tenant in the administration and improvement of our business and websites. Non-personal Information may be used for any purpose.
Personal Information may be used to:
- Provide, manage, and improve our services
- Analyze usage and performance of our services
- Deliver relevant content and recommendations
- Provide notifications
- Secure our websites and prevent fraud
- To contact you
- To protect our rights and the rights of others
Tenant may also receive information from third parties about you, including Personal Information. Tenant may combine such information with the information we collect about you, and once combined such information is subject to this Policy.
Who We May Share It With
Tenant may share or disclose your Personal Information to third parties such as:
- Service Providers (data storage and processing facilities, payment processing etc.) in order to conduct Tenant’s business.
- Acquirers, successors, or assignees as appropriate in a business transaction such as a merger, consolidation, asset sale, acquisition, or bankruptcy.
- Other third parties as appropriate to protect our property, legal rights, and interests, or the property or rights of others, or as required by law.
- Other third parties as you may direct or otherwise consent.
Retaining Your Information
We may retain your information for as long as necessary to administer or services or for other business purposes.
Accessing Your Information & Your Choices
When applicable, you can access and update your profile information by logging into your account on our websites.
You may unsubscribe from marketing emails. You may or may not be able to unsubscribe from transactional emails.
You may be able to request transactional information be sent to you by text message. If you participate in our text message system you will be able to opt out. You can review our SMS Terms here.
Please note that given a lack of industry standards regarding “do-not-track” (DNT) signals, Tenant currently does not take action in response to these signals. In other words, if your browser transmits a DNT signal, we may continue tracking.
You have the right to non-discriminatory treatment when exercising your privacy rights.
Tenant takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information. However, you supply information to Tenant at your own risk as data security measures cannot be guaranteed to be fully effective.
California law permits California residents to request certain information regarding Tenant’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Tenant does not disclose Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We do not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 16. We don’t knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under the age of 16 and will remove or delete any such information.
You agree that Tenant Inc. is not responsible for any electronic communication and/or Personal Information which may be lost, altered, intercepted, or stored without authorization during the transmission of data. We do not guarantee that your Personal Information will not be misused or disclosed to third parties.
Please contact us with any questions or comments.
Phone: (844) 417-0209